" In this universe the night was falling; the shadows were lengthening towards an east that would not know another dawn. But elsewhere the stars were still young and the light of morning lingered; and along the path he once had followed, Man would one day go again"

Arthur C. Clarke Against the Fall of Night

Sunday, September 13, 2015

New Arrivals

A few posts ago I mentioned a trip to Fair's Fair my
favourite used book store. Yesterday I dropped by 
again, I am planning an Andre Norton tribute site
and after checking I realized I did not have The Mark
of the Cat so I decided to go pick it up. Of course I
found lots of stuff I missed the first time. It is great to
make two trips, you can convince yourself you are on 
budget, unless you treat both trips, as one.

Then ouch!!


I got my Norton and another Laumer, I am 
looking forward reading it after my post on
 A Plague of Demons


Three covers very much in the DAW style.
One-Eye the cover is by Stuart Gordon
Three-Eye the cover is by Michael Whelan
Star the cover is by George Barr

Of course I am still looking for Two-Eyes.




A great Last Castle cover by Richard Courtney.


And one of the truly iconic SF covers by Jim Burns   
for the Harry Harrison collection. This is one I really
wanted.

Another great shopping trip.





No comments:

Post a Comment